Will Smith’s Approach to Life
http://youtu.be/tPTTN8WZ7kM (click to view video interview)
I believe the message of this blog post is so important. Please share this with anyone you believe would benefit from this.
What do you think about Will Smith? He’s just lucky! Some guys just catch all the breaks. If I could just be as lucky as him or her my life would be completely different. But since I’m not, I’ll just accept mediocrity… Ever hear yourself saying these things? Ever wonder why you aren’t achieving everything in life you want to? Watch for the next few minutes as someone who has achieved MASSIVE success shares the secret:
Will Smith is funny, intelligent, attractive, well connected, and talented! He’s just lucky right? Perspective is everything my friend. Your perspective (or thoughts) is what dictate your words, habits, behavior, and results (in that order).
Here’s a few thoughts that ran through my mind as I watched this awesome video. I’m obviously not going to cover every principle of success he touched on.
1. GREATNESS EXISTS IN EACH OF US. Abundance is there for the taking. We just have to decide to claim it.
2. CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCED DON’T DICTATE WHAT YOU CAN BECOME OR WHAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE. This is the biggest obstacle to overcome in my opinion because it’s so nuanced. We live in a victim society where the status of victim-hood is elevated and rewarded. It’s much easier to shift blame for everything onto others. As a result, a large number of people have stopped assuming responsibility for their lives and their happiness. In order to buck that mentality you have to know you can have everything you want in life.
3. TALENT AND SKILL ARE NOT THE SAME THING. Talent is what you are naturally born with – your God given gifts. Skill is developed from almost insane-like work ethic! On a personal note I hate it when someone says they can’t do something. They can! They just have to learn it and be willing to put in the work required to perfect it.
4. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! Instead of the self defeating statement “I can’t do that” ask yourself the simple question “What’s required of me to…” It will have the exact opposite effect on your brain than saying you can’t do something. It’s a question that actually forces the mind to start problem solving. Some people refer to the process of problem solving as brainstorming, but before you get to the brainstorming part you have to ask the question that ignites the thought process in that super computer of yours called the brain!
5. BEING REALISTIC IS THE MOST COMMONLY TRAVELED ROAD TO MEDIOCRITY!! The second you decide it’s done, it’s done. Negative minded folks and nay sayers will come out of the wood work to crush your ambition. They hate the fact that you are attempting to accomplish what they think is impossible in their own life. I call these people “dream stealers”. Don’t listen to them. Don’t associate with them. Get them out of your life. I’m grateful the Wright brothers, Edison, Einstein, and Alexander Graham Bell weren’t realistic. They took the impossible and never before done and turned the world on it’s ear with their inventions and discoveries.
6. OUR THOUGHTS ARE PHYSICAL. Once you decide to accomplish a specific goal amazing things start happening. I could go really deep on this subject, but I’ll just say that everything starts with a single thought. The development of that thought creates everything in life. Indeed, your physical reality gets shaped and molded by the thoughts in your head.
7. FOCUS ON YOUR GOAL. Napoleon Hill refers to this as “definiteness of purpose” and claims it’s a key element in personal achievement. Don’t get distracted. The reason a laser is so powerful is it’s ability to focus. Implement this principle in your life and you will see more results faster than you may have thought possible.
I invite your thoughts on the subject.