Top 10 Things to Focus On When Faced with Grief
These are the things that I believe are the most important things to address when you are going through the grief process because of the loss of a loved one to breast cancer (or other major losses).
- Don’t try to go it alone.
- Your family and friends are there to help you deal with your grief process.
- Try to proactively attack the grief process.
- Express your true feelings. Talk it out and write it down.
- Accept the situation you are facing. Don’t try to mask your emotions with things that only make your loss worse (i.e. alcohol, drugs, etc.).
- Don’t feel that you have to rush into a new relationship to replace the loved one you lost. This will come in time.
- When the time is right, begin to put some of the physical remembrances of your loved one behind you. Your memories will be with you forever.
- Consider enlisting the help of a professional grief coach, who is trained to walk you through the grief process. This should allow you to journey through this difficult time in a much shorter time period.
- Trust that the Lord would not allow this challenge to occur if he did not believe you could handle it.
- Believe that if you take the proper steps to deal with your grief process you will be able to return to a more fulfilling and joyful life.